Sunday 4 June 2017

How to Glam up a Bottle




When I first decided to experiment with my small Mirror Makeover I was happy to find that I had some spray paint left over and so I decided to experiment with things that I had lying around the house.

I found this green bottle and thought that I would see what would happen if I spray painted it.




And this tray that a friend gave me



It worked like a charm and I was excited with the result, only thing that doesn't excite me is the matt finish.  I am a girl that loves bling, so this didn't do anything for me.

I went and bought another tin of silver spray paint that has a metallic finish, called Super Chrome - Spectra Spray


Super Chrome - Spectra Spray Aerosol spray paint

I have used this colour many times and I love the colour and finish


but me being me I decided that the glitter I have bought for another diy project would give the bottle some extra bling if I added glitter on the sides.  I was so disappointed though, because the finish I got was white powder splotches.

I thought that I would mention this so that if you decide to do the same, make sure that the glitter doesn't look too powdery.  This might have looked cute if the bottle was white.

I was sure that if I had used silver glitter it would look so much better.  I went and got some silver and purple glitter, rolled the bottle in it ... and I am not at all excited with the result, I think that to get the look I had in mind I would need to buy the larger cut glitter. My friend is in America on furlough now, think that I need to ask her to bring some glitter back for me and I can compare what we have and what they have.

I result I got was disappointing to say the least.



This is the result that I ended with.  Overall to be honest I think that I prefer the plain silver bottle.  What do you think?  Leave me a comment with your thoughts.

Thanks for being here




No comments:

Post a Comment